Stop smoking, start going to the gym, eat healthier – these are probably amongst the list of some of your resolutions for the New Year. As skin care experts, we wanted to offer some more resolutions for the New Year that are going to help you and your skin feel and look better!
- Don’t buy “trendy” skin care – A trend is a trend for a reason! Don’t get duped into buying new-found miracles and thinking things like snake oil (yes, snake oil!) are going to work wonders on your skin. Instead, stick to ingredients with history behind them, like seaweed – the number one ingredient in our skincare for over 40 years.
- Don’t skip a toner – Why to not skip out on a toner after cleansing? After cleansing, the PH of our skin may be altered if you do not use a PH neutral cleanser, which diminishes the ability of the skin to protect itself. A toner is going to restore the skin to a state where it is not too acidic or too alkaline, helping the skin maintain its optimal strength. A strengthened skin barrier translates to better protection from the sun and environmental pollutants, more hydration, less sensitivity and improved appearance.
- Don’t stop at the neck – We know the face is important, but it’s only a small portion your skin! For young and beautiful looking skin, it’s crucial to always hydrate all areas of the body – and give areas that see extra dryness, like the décolleté, knees, elbows and feet, or places like the thighs and stomach where cellulite emerges, special treatment.
- Keep your hands to yourself – There is a reason why your mother always made you wash your hands before dinner – hands can be full of bacteria and germs! We know it can be hard to break this habit, but for the sake of breakouts, make it a habit for 2015 to keep your hands off your face, and of course, don’t give into temptation and start picking at pimples!
- Quality, not quantity – It’s easy to take a trip to the drugstore and pick out a handful of beauty products, but for 2015, take our suggestion: Stick to purchasing quality beauty products, instead of a bunch of generic, non-professional products. Need a starting point? Pick a professional cleanser and moisturizer for your skin type.
What are your beauty resolutions for the New Year? Tell us in the comments below!