If you’re one to turn to the high street chain store for your skin care products, or have faith in mysterious articles on the internet to advise you on your skin concerns, you might want to rethink these methods of caring for your skin. When it comes to your skin, the largest organ of your body, it deserves professional attention that only a trained therapist can provide – Here are our top 5 reasons why you should be seeing a beauty professional.
- Professional Extractions – You’ve all probably dug your fingernails into your skin to remove unwanted blackheads and pimples, and have seen the aftermath – red and irritated skin (with a new pimple back the next day!) If you have blackheads, you’ve probably tried various blackhead strips on the market to remove them, only to see no results. Fortunately, beauty professionals can help you in this department, as they have the tools, knowledge, and proper training to perform extractions. An beauty therapist is able to use keratolytic agents and provide desincrustation, which both help soften sebum (oil) inside your skin. This allows therapists to remove blackheads and perform extractions without injuring the skin.
- Expert Skin Analysis – Normal, oily, acne, sensitive, ageing, dry, combination skin - We know it can be hard to figure out exactly which skin type you are, but that’s what the experts are for! Therapists are trained in analysing the skin, and will be able to tell you first hand exactly which category your skin falls into.
- Professional Recommendation – On that same note, in analysing your skin and figuring out your skin type, estheticians will be able to create an individualised skin care regimen specific for your skin’s needs and concerns.
- Skin Care Advice – Not only will a therapist be able to tell you which products to use at home, but an they can offer you advice on how to take care of your skin. After speaking with a professional, she/he will learn about your lifestyle habits, and be able to provide you with tips and tricks on how you can take better care of your skin. Plus, a therapist is there for whatever questions you may have about your skin.
- Stress Relief – Not only will your skin benefit from seeing a beauty professional, but your health will too! Physical touch has been linked to helping your muscles and nerves relax, your heart rate to slow down, blood pressure and levels of stress to fall, and even reduce pain and anxiety. With the busy lives we all lead today, sometimes we forget to relax a little bit. Seeing a professional will help you do get that “r&r” you need, while giving your skin the treatment it deserves too.
Find a professional near you: http://www.beautyfromthesea.co.uk/pages/locate-a-spa
Do you see a therapist regularly – why do you love it? Tell us in the comments below!